Mahmood Moradi, M.D.
Cy-Fair Neurosurgical Institute – Two Locations
11302 Fallbrook Dr. STE 201
Houston, TX 77065
Phone: (713) 464-6245
25 Gessner Rd #500
Houston, TX 77024
Phone: (713) 464-6245
Fax: (713) 464-9134
Mahmood Moradi, MD, is a board-certified Houston neurosurgeon who practices at Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital. He is certified by both The Fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (FAANS) and The American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS).
The 180-bed facility offers a variety of services and specialties, including a 24-hour emergency department, primary stroke center, accredited chest pain center, therapy and rehabilitation services, surgical services and a women’s health center.
Dr. Moradi specializes in neurological treatment and cervical surgery for disorders of the brain, cervical, lumbar, and thoracic. His areas of focus are: metastatic diseases, cerebrovascular disorders of the brain, and fusions of the cervical, lumbar, and thoracic spine. Dr. Moradi performs Kyphoplasty for the lumbar and thoracic spinal fractures. He performs carpal tunnel release and ulnar nerve transposition. As a Houston neurosurgeon and current member of the faculty at Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital, Dr. Moradi continues to provide care for adult patients with a variety of neurological conditions.
As a Houston neurosurgeon, Dr. Moradi has been providing neurological treatment and care for more than twenty years. He began his career as a surgery resident at Parkland Memorial Hospital. He also completed his residency and two fellowships in Neurological Surgery there. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Biophysics and a Master’s degree in Biochemistry from The University of Houston. Dr. Moradi earned his medical degree from Texas Tech University School of Medicine in Lubbock. Additionally, he is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
In his spare time, when he is not lecturing or performing cervical surgery, Dr. Moradi enjoys spending time with his family. You may find him riding bicycles with his children in the neighborhood, swimming, watching classic movies, playing the violin, or reading historical novels.
Neurosurgical Services Provided:
Common procedures: Neck disc disease, low back disc disease, herniated disc, sciatica, and brain tumors
- Micro discectomy and laminectomy
- Posterior fusion, pedicle screws
- Anterior fusion and instrumentation
- Spinal canals tumors
- Congenital defects: lipomyelomeningocele, bony defects
- Kyphoplasty for compression fractures
- Stabilization procedures for trauma
- Chiari malfunction
- Skull tumor removal
- Brain tumors
- Arterio venous malformations (AVM)
- Trauma: subdural hematoma, epidural hematoma, gunshot wound
- Intracranial hemorrhages; hypertensive, coagulopathy
- VP shunts, Ommaya reservoir, ventriculostomy
- Anterior or posterior fusion
- Intradural and extradural tumors
- Metastatic tumors of spine
- Congenital anomalies
- Carpal tunnel release
- Ulnar nerve transposition
- Brachial plexuses tumors
- Anterior discectomy and fusion
- Posterior laminectomy and fusion
- Intraspinal tumors
- Fractures of the cervical spine with stabilization
- C2 fractures with trans odontoid screw placement
- Application of Halo